Monday, December 7, 2015

Śrīvaiṣṇavism, Indian and Comparative Philosophy at my new blog


Śrīvaiṣṇavism and Viśiṣṭādvaita VedāntaThis post discusses the differences between Bhedābheda and Viśiṣṭādvaita Vedānta.
This post discusses the position of Yāmuna within Vedānta.
You can read a short summary of the panel on Viśiṣṭādvaita Vedānta at the last WSC here.
What happened at the beginnings of Viśiṣṭādvaita Vedānta? You can read some answers here and here.
The manuscript basis of Vedānta Deśika's Seśvaramīmāṃsā are discussed here.
A summary on the debate about phonemes in Mīmāṃsā and Viśiṣṭādvaita Vedānta can be read here.

Further Indian Philosophy
A basic bibliography on Jayanta can be read here.
This post offers an overview of Indian linguistics.
Again on Indian linguistics, this post discusses the Mahābhāṣya antecedents of Kumārila's discussion on the sentence.
Cogent evidence (arthāpatti) is discussed here.
Slightly away from my usual concerns, this post discusses substances for the Vātsīputrīyas.

Comparative Philosophy
Deontic logic is discussed here.
This post discusses the category of "West".
Should one study Indian, Chinese, etc. philosophy within the regular curriculum? Read some thoughts here.
Can a debate about ethics be universal if it focuses only on Western ethics? Discuss here. Accordingly, this post discusses the universality of ethics in connection with Hindu bioethics.

Methodology
This post discusses the role of imagination in our reconstructions.
Do you plan to work together? Read this post (and let me know what you think).
Do you also dislike TOC in alphabetic order? Read and comment on this post.

Long sellers: Quotations and Daya Krishna
This post is dedicated to Daya Krishna.
What to read on reuse? You can find some resources here.

Book reviews
This post introduces a series of posts discussing reviews of my book.
Andrew Ollett's review is discussed here.
Taisei Shida's one is discussed here.
For my comments on Hugo David's review, read here.

Interview
You can read here an interview with Shilpa Sumant.

You can find further short posts, Call for papers, quotes, etc., at my new blog.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
elisa freschi said...

Dear Chris,

as you have surely noticed, this blog is no longer updated.

Elena Antonio said...

This is a testimony that I will tell everyone to hear. i have been married for 4 years and on the fifth year of my marriage, another woman had a spell to take my lover away from me and my husband left me and the kids and we have suffered for 2 years until i meant a post where this man Dr.Wealthy have helped someone and i decided to give him a try to help me bring my love Husband home and believe me i just send my picture to him and that of my husband and after 48 hours as he have told me, i saw a car drove into the house and behold it was my husband and he have come to me and the kids and that is why i am happy to make everyone of you in similar issues to meet with this man and have your lover back to your self His email: wealthylovespell@gmail.com or you can also contact him or whatsapp him on this +2348105150446.....  thank so much Dr.Wealthy. ...

Licenza Creative Commons
Quest' opera è distribuita con licenza Creative Commons Attribuzione - Non commerciale - Non opere derivate 2.5 Italia.